Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Guy at Work Today Reminded Me of This Skit

I absolutely love it when people quote an old obscure movie or TV show and I actually recognize the reference. I don't know why, but I feel superior for a moment, yet in reality it probably shows what a geek I am. Today at work one of the guys made a statement very similar to the last line of this obscure Monty Python skit, as illustrated below...

(Click to enlarge if necessary) (Screen shots from YouTube)

... in actuality, the guy at work paraphrased the "Listen Smart-Arse!" -line, but it was clearly a reference to this skit. I laughed and told him I recognized the line and then like a couple of nerds we quoted a few more. What struck me as funny about all this was that this was not "Say no more, nudge nudge," or "I don't like spam!" or "This is an ex-parrot!" or any other oft-quoted Python skit. This was tres obscuro!

And on that note, I'd like to conclude by putting me finger up me nose.

As usual, thank you for doing all your holiday blogging at Bleggah! Blog local!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be thrown into the vacuum of space... or... tell me how good you think my blog is: